- Associate Professor (status-only) – Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, 2013 –
- Adjunct Associate Professor (status-only), Faculty of Music, University of Toronto, 2013 –
- Adjunct Scientist, Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, Rotman Research Institute, 2013 –
- Associate SGS Member, Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada 2012 –
- Ministry of Research and Innovation, Early Researcher Award, $190,000, 2012 – 2017
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research, New Investigator Award, $300,000 2009-2014
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Operating Grant (MOP-114953). Embodied selfhood and clowning: An innovative approach to person-centred dementia care, April 2012-March 2014, $214,888, Kontos (Principal Investigator), B. Warren, G. Naglie, L-F. Lo & G. Mitchell (Co-Investigators).
- Ontario Trillium Foundation, Operating Grant. Exploring the experience of artful engagement with older adults, November 1, 2009-December 1, 2012, $216,250, Kontos, M. Tafler & A. Patteson (Co-Principal Investigators), N. Anderson & T. Fujioka (Co-Investigators).
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (MOP-86624), Operating Grant. After the Crash: Exploring knowledge translation through research-based drama, April 2008-March 2011, $345,601, Kontos (Principal Investigator), A. Colantonio, G. Mitchell, C. Cott, J. Gilbert & M. Keightley (Co-Investigators).
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (MOP-82889), Operating Grant. Embodied selfhood and person-centred dementia care: Exploring an arts-informed educational intervention, April 2007–April 2009, $189,360, Kontos (Principal Investigator), G. Mitchell, B. Poland, B. Ballon, S. Jaglal, C. Cott & K. McGilton (Co-Investigators).
- Kontos, P., Martin, W. Embodiment and dementia: Exploring critical narratives of selfhood, surveillance, and dementia care. Dementia: The International Journal of Social Research and Practice 2013; 12(3):288-302.
- Kontos, P., Miller, K.L., Gilbert, J.E., Mitchell, G.J., Colantonio, A., Keightley, M.L., Cott, C. Improving client-centered brain injury rehabilitation through research-based theater. Qualitative Health Research 2012; 22(12):1612-1632.
- Kontos, P., Miller, K.L., Mitchell, G.J., Cott, C. Dementia care at the intersection of regulation and reflexivity: A critical realist perspective. The Journals of Gerontology Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences 2010; 66B(1):119-128. [SRA]
- Kontos, P., Mitchell, G.J., Mistry, B., Ballon, B. Using drama to improve person-centred dementia care. International Journal of Older People Nursing (Special Issue: Outcomes from the Promotion of Personhood in Gerontological Nursing) 2010; 5:159-168.
- Kontos, P., Naglie, G. Tacit knowledge of caring and embodied selfhood. Sociology of Health and Illness 2009; 31(5):688-704.
- Kontos, P., Poland, B. Mapping new theoretical and methodological terrain for knowledge translation: Contributions from critical realism and the arts. Implementation Science 2009; 4(1). doi:10.1186/1748-5908-4-1.