- Executive Medical Director, Centre for Memory and Neurotherapeutics, Baycrest, Canada
- Head, Division of Neurology, Baycrest, Canada
- Director, Sam and Ida Ross Memory Clinic, Brain Health Centre Clinics, Baycrest, Canada
- Professor, Dept of Medicine, University of Toronto, Canada
- Director, Behavioural Neurology Section, Division of Neurology, University of Toronto
- 2013-2016 Co-Investigator. Validation of ocular measures as potential biomarkers for early detection of brain amyloid and neurodegeneration.(Brain Canada). PI: S. Black (PI). 1,498,490
- 2012-2017 Co-Investigator. Improving Performance in Drivers with Mild Cognitive Impairment: An RCT of Cognitive Training. Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). PI: G. Naglie (PI). 562,765.
- 2011-2013 Co-Investigator. Parkinson’s-related dementia: A pharmacogenetic study of cholinesterase inhibitors investigating cognitive benefit, motor worsening, and brain SPECT. Parkinson’s Society of Canada. Masellis M (PI), $90,000.
- 2007 – 2012 Co-Investigator. The Language Impairment In Progressive Aphasia: A Longitudinal Neuropsychological And Imaging Study. Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). Collaborators: Rochon E, Black SE (Co-PIs) $511,835.
- 2009 – 2010 Co-Investigator. Slowing Language Decline in Progressive Aphasia through Language Rehabilitation: Treatment and Neuroimaging Study. Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). R. Jokel (PI). $81,530.
- 2007-2009 Principal Investigator. Theory of Mind in Alzheimer’s Disease and Frontotemporal Dementia. Ontario Mental Health Foundation. Collaborators: D. Stuss and S. Black, Co-Investigators. $148,784.
- 2006 – 2009 Co-Investigator. B-amyloid PET imaging in Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer Society of Canada, New Investigator Research Grant. N. P. Verheoff (PI). $99,913.
- 2006 – 2008 Co-Investigator. Canadian Alzheimer’s Disease Quality of Life Study. Alzheimer Society of Canada. G. Naglie (PI). $211,956.
- Bialystok E, Craik FIM, Binns MA, Ossher L, Freedman M. Effects of bilingualism on the age of onset and progression of MCI and AD: Evidence from executive function tests, Neuropsychologia. In Press.
- Freedman M, Binns MA, Black SE, Levine B, Miller BL, Ramirez J, Szilagyi GM, Scott CJM, McNeely AA, Stuss DT. Object Alternation: A Novel Probe of Medial Frontal Function in Frontotemporal Dementia, Alzheimer Disease & Associated Disorders. epub ahead of print. PMID:23604006
- Furlan, JC, Henri-Bhargava A, Freedman M. Clomipramine in the treatment of compulsive behavior in frontotemporal dementia: A case series. Alzheimer Disease & Associated Disorders. ePub ahead of print. PMID:22892646
- Freedman M, Binns MA, Black SE, Murphy C, Stuss DT. Theory of Mind and Recognition of Facial Emotion in Dementia: Challenge to Current Concepts. Alzheimer Disease & Associated Disorders. 2013;27: 56-61.
- Freedman M, Stuss DT. Theory of Mind in Parkinson’s Disease. Journal of Neurological Sciences. 2011; 310(1-2): 225-7.
- Naglie G, Krahn M, Hogan DB, Black SE, Beattie BL, Freedman M, Borrie M, Patterson C, Byszewski A, MacKnight C, Bergman H, Streiner D, Irvine J, Ritvo P, Comrie J, Kowgier M, Tomlinson G. Predictors of patient self-ratings of quality of life in Alzheimer’s disease: Cross-sectional results from the Canadian Alzheimer’s Disease Quality of Life (CADQOL) Study. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 2011; 19(10): 881-90.