- Head and Senior Scientist, Division of Brain, Imaging and Behaviour- Systems Neuroscience; Toronto Western Research Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Canada
- Professor, Department of Surgery and Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto, Canada
- Associate Scientific Staff, Departments of Medicine and Dentistry, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto
- Canada Research Chair in Brain and Behaviour, Tier 2 (2001- 2011)
- Society of Scholars (elected), Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Mayday Pain and Society Fellow, USA
- Councilor, International Association for the Study of Pain
CURRENT RESEARCH GRANTS
- 2010 – 2015 Principal Investigator. Pain-Attention Interactions and the Descending Pain Modulation System. Canadian Institutes of Health Research. 626,420
- 2011 – 2015 Principal Investigator. Pre-existing patient factors associated with sensorimotor recovery, chronic pain, and brain plasticity following surgical repair of peripheral nerve injuries. Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB). Collaborator(s): Anastakis DJ, Katz J. 348,273
- 2013 – 2018 Co-Principal Investigator. “NeuroCare” as Innovation in Intervention: A
Neurophysiological Approach to Determine Readiness for Return to Activity. Canadian Institutes of Health Research. Team Grant: PI: Keightley, Michelle. 1,065,730
- 2013 – 2018 Co-Principal Investigator. Diffusion tensor imaging as an in vivo brain imaging technique to study the effects of chronic pain and its treatment. Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). operating grant (biomedical research). PI: Hodaie, Mojgan. 651,814
- 2013 – 2016 Co-Principal Investigator. Neuroimaging correlates of pain in multiple sclerosis. Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada. operating grant (biomedical research). 1712. PI: Hodaie, Mojgan. 295,302
- 2012 – 2016 Co-Principal Investigator. Development of a perfusion MRI technique to investigate longitudinal effects of chronic pain on brain function. Canadian Institutes of Health Research. PI: St. Lawrence K. 451,668
- 2011 – 2013 Co-Investigator. Post-concussion syndrome in professional athletes: A multidisciplinary study. Physicians Services Incorporated Foundation (The) (PSI). Collaborator(s): Wennberg R (PI), Tator CH, Cassidy JD, Soklaridis S, Green R, Hazrati L-N, Feinstein A, Keightley M. 170,000]
- 2009 – 2015 Co-Investigator. Health Applications of Cell Signaling in Mucosal Inflammation & Pain. Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). Strategic training initiative. Collaborator(s): Ellen R, McCulloch CAG (Senior Investigators), 1,950,000
- Wu Q, Inman RD, Davis KD. Neuropathic pain in ankylosing spondylitis: a psychophysics and brain imaging study. Arthritis and Rheumatism. 2013: 65:1494-1503.
- Davis KD, Moayedi M. Central Mechanisms of Pain Revealed Through Functional and Structural MRI. Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology. 2013 Jun;8:518-534.
- Erpelding N, Davis KD. Neural underpinnings of behavioural strategies that prioritize either cognitive task performance or pain. Pain. 2013:;154(10):2060-71.
- Hashmi JA, Davis KD. Deconstructing Sex Differences in Pain Sensitivity. Pain. 2013: [in press].
- Davis KD. Is chronic pain a disease? Evaluating pain and nociception through self report and neuroimaging. Journal of Pain. 2013: 14 : 332-333.
- Iannetti GD, Salomons TV, Moayedi M, Mouraux A, Davis KD. Beyond metaphor: Contrasting mechanisms of social and physical pain. Trends in Cognitive Science. 2013. 2013: 17: 371-378.