- Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Family Medicine, University of Toronto
- Coordinator, Family Medicine Fellowship in Psychotherapies
- Coordinator of The Program In Health, Arts and Humanities
- Editor, Ars Medica Journal
Allan Peterkin works in HIV and psychotherapy and Gay/Lesbian Health Care. He is the cofounder and coordinator – Narrative Psychotherapy Program (Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Dept. of Psychiatry). He has conducted a therapeutic writing group for men and women living with HIV over the last six years and has published on that clinical model. He is a founding editor of ARS MEDICA: A Journal of Medicine, The Arts and Humanities.
- 2006 Narrative Competence Psychotherapy For People Living With HIV (Focus: A Guide To AIDS Research and Counselling February 2006)
- 2003 Caring for Lesbian & Gay People: A Clinical Guide. (textbook selected as prescribed reading by CMA/CMAJ and JAMA) first author. University of Toronto Press.
- 2003 Outbursts: A Queer Lexicon. Arsenal Pulp Press (A history of gay/lesbian language).
- 1999 Caring for Gay & Lesbian Patients: Educational Video and Study Guide.Ottawa: Canadian Psychiatric Association.