- Senior Scientist, Otolaryngology, Hospital for Sick Children
- Senior Scientist, Neurosciences & Mental Health, Research Institute
- Senior Scientist, Auditory Science Laboratory, Research Institute
- Professor, Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- Professor, Department of Physiology, Institute of Biomaterials & Biomedical Engineering
- Scientific Director, The Hearing Foundation of Canada
- NORMAL HEARING AND AUDITORY BRAIN DEVELOPMENT: In my laboratory we use a wide range of research techniques to investigate the structure and function of the normal auditory system (asking the question: How do we normally hear?) Our studies focus both on the “mature” system, and on early developmental processes that form the auditory brain.
- THE CAUSES AND CONSEQUENCES OF HEARING LOSS: We examine many different factors that can cause hearing loss, and determine what structural and functional changes occur to the inner ear and the central auditory brain.
- CIHR Team Grant: The Development and Ageing of Binaural Hearing. 5-year term, 2010-2015. RV Harrison, Team Leader. Co PIs: Lu Yang Wang, Karen Gordon, Adrian James, Vincent Lin, and Lendra Friesen.
- Canadian Institutes of Photonics Innovation (CIPI): Osseointegration, Bone, and Soft Tissue Healing Following Ultrafast Laser Ablation in a Rat Model. PIs: Nathan Jowett, Darren Kraemer, RJ Dwayne Miller, Robert V Harrison, Paul Wiseman, and Alex Mlynarek.
- CIHR Operating Grant: The programming of the neonatal auditory brain by environmental sound stimuli. 5-year term ends 2012. PI: RV Harrison.
Brown TA, Harrison RV. (2011) Neuronal responses in chinchilla auditory cortex after postnatal exposure to frequency-modulated tones. Hear Res. 275: 8-16.
Holler T, Campisi P, Allegro J, Chadha NK, Harrison RV, Papsin B, Gordon K. (2010) Abnormal voicing in children using cochlear implants. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 136(1):17-21.
Allegro J, Papsin B, Harrison RV, Campisi P. (2010) Acoustic analysis of voice in cochlear implant recipients with post-meningitic hearing loss. Cochlear Implants International. 11(2) 100-116.
Brown TA, Harrison RV. (2009) Responses of neurons in chinchilla auditory cortex to frequency modulated tones. J Neurophysiol 101: 2017-2009.
Holler T, Allegro J, Chadha NK, Hawkes M, Harrison RV, Forte V, Campisi P. (2009) Voice outcomes following repeated surgical resection of laryngeal papillomata in children. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg.141(4):522-6.
Gordon KA, Papsin BC, Harrison RV.(2007) Auditory brainstem activity and development evoked by apical versus basal cochlear implant electrode stimulation in children. Clin Neurophysiol. 118(8):1671-84.
Propst EJ, Blaser S, Stockley TL, Harrison RV, Gordon KA, Papsin BC. (2006) Temporal bone imaging in GJB2 deafness. Laryngoscope. 116(12):2178-86